Monday, April 30, 2012

I thought it had been forever since I had posted, but after visiting the blog, saw that I posted like two weeks ago. So, I guess it has been forever. Turns out blogger decided to change the look of things on the edit pages too, it took me a while to figure out how to post.

Let me begin with talking about having a PBS crew out to do filming for a series of theirs. O.M.G. how awesome! They were great, they were a small crew of three, but they pack a punch. We put Tom, the host and producer, in a banana boat and made the poor man paddle up and down up and down up and down all over the Teche near New Iberia City Park and then had a lil crawfish boil for them. It turned out really good, and the crew paid us lots compliments on our performance for putting things together.

And then, we opened early registration by emailing out the registration to packet to all TDT I and II veterans. My email, info@tourduteche.com, was hitting a lot of spam filters, so we straightened a lot of that out over the last two weeks. And had a great turnout of veteran paddlers register, deadline for early registration was postmarked/emailed/faxed in today.

General registration opened today, it's gonna be a fun five months for this little girl, but bring it on. Throw as many registrations as you can my way, I dare you to overload me. ;) Fees are $125, $80, or $60 per paddler, depending on which race you register in.

We've also been talking about other projects to add to the Tour du Teche repertoire (I know, I know, but wait for the announcement, it's gonna be so much fun), some of which include shorter paddle races.

And then of course, we also released the new website. Please visit it. www.tourduteche.com. There you can see all of the rules, regulations, schedule, get a registration packet, check out pictures, or write me an email. It's super cool.

Register for TDT III, the big ole party on water. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment